Monday, April 6, 2009

Tomato cages, storm windows & bug

I scored 4 tomato cages off Freecycle this evening. Not super tall (42") but I'm going to use them for a few plants. I'm going to run the majority of my tomatoes up trellis netting, but I'm going to stick a couple more plants elsewhere and see how they do in cages.

Also on Freecycle I've located a guy who has a few old storm windows. On Wednesday, I'm going to see what he has. Hopefully he'll have something suitable for making into a cold frame or two.

Lastly, when I was inspecting a few of my seedlings today, I noticed a tiny beetle crawling on one of my pepper pellets. I tried to take a picture of it, but it was just too small. About 1mm in size and sort of black and brown speckled. I only saw the one so too early to tell if I have a problem on my hands. Hopefully not!

No comments:

Post a Comment